The first book I read was Nobody, Nowhere and is her autobiography (see earlier article) whereas this one is a text book which covers the very many and varied aspects of autism and its manifestations. I found this immensly thought provoking, particularly the parallels and differences between autism and aspergers.
It has been a book which I have dipped into and out of, not least because there is an awful lot of medical references which I have had to go and look up! None the less it is extremely informative and an excellent addition to the bookshelf for anyone interested in this area of child development.
- Nobody, Nowhere by Donna Williams
- Cultivating creativity in babies, toddlers and young children by Tina Bruce
- How Children Learn Book 1 by Linda Pound and Kathy Hughes
- The Trouble with Play. A thought provoking book
- How Children Learn. Book 2 by Linda Pound